Saturday, January 15, 2022

Week in Seven Words #573

This covers the week of 1/10/21 - 1/16/21.

frozen
One chair rests on the ice, and the other two are partly submerged. The ice is thick enough to engulf them, to clutch at them and freeze them in place half-in and half-out of the water.

hopefully
I'm not sure if what I'm doing will make things better. At the very least, I don't think it will make things worse.

jays
I'm glad that I can still be delighted by blue jays. They're clear drops of color in a drab, cold world.

overreaching
Amazing to see people cheering on an ever-broadening censorship from big tech companies, maybe because they think it will never apply to any of their own extremely correct opinions.

squirreled
Testy and tense, a squirrel sits at the fork of two branches with a small stash of nuts. Thieves approach from all sides. In another tree, a squirrel plummets 15 feet and lands unharmed on mushy leaves.

time-traveling
He says his mind is bouncing between past mistakes and dire scenarios that may play out in the future, but he doesn't think much about the present. It doesn't leave an impression on him the way regret and anxiety do.

withdrew
"My social skills are gone," she says, half joking, "and I'm never making plans again."