Monday, January 17, 2022

Week in Seven Words #574

This covers the week of 1/17/21 - 1/23/21.

barely
Running water in a denuded wood. The bareness makes us wish for a fir or a pine. There's only some greenness – crisp holly leaves by a splintering log.

checkup
His office is comforting and old-fashioned. The sofas are upholstered in blue and yellow, and in a glass case he's arranged a variety of charmingly odd statues. Dust is the dominant smell, with a hint of aftershave. The appointment takes a while, longer than expected, but I'm glad he isn't rushing through it. The results feel more exact.

disturbing
She assumes I slept better because I stayed up reading a book. But the truth is I don't know why I sleep better on some nights and worse on others.

fragrant
The wood chips from different evergreens give off a sweet aroma like mango.

needing
I needed to hear that I have what I need. (Besides trust. I need more trust.)

subject
I don't know what a given conversation will be like. Sometimes, it's about the pandemic and what's happening to the economy. Other times, it's about eggless cake batter and nothing else.

tamed
The heating unit that has been squealing is now purring.