Sunday, January 23, 2022

Week in Seven Words #575

This covers the week of 1/24/21 - 1/30/21.

crumbs
Instead of buying a pandemic puppy, she has gone outdoors more frequently to feed pigeons, easily summoned by crumbs.

domestic
Through video chat, I've become familiar with the view of his burgundy couch, the cat kneading a cushion before settling in.

ethereal
A special blue-white winter light on bare branches.

pianissimo
A fumbled song on piano keys in an unlit room.

subvert
Heavy metal drives her anxious thoughts away. But they come back in her sleep, bringing her to consciousness on a rising wave of dread.

sweetens
While working, I pick at a platter of figs, apricots, dates, and almonds, and I feel as if there should be palm fronds over my desk.

topiary
He's tried to trim the shrub to look like a cat. It looks like a vaguely feline creature emerging from a terrible green fog. But I like the effort.