Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Week in Seven Words #572

This covers the week of 1/3/21 - 1/9/21.

abed
Tousled hair, face smushed into the pillow, cold air leaking in.

attends
Applying for a job, she wonders how she can make her qualifications look more impressive. "Doesn't fall asleep during Zoom meetings, usually," is a good one.

continue
Stay calm, and keep writing.

friend
Whenever I hear from her, I think about how glad I am that we're friends.

incapacitated
Once seated at the piano, she merely stares at the keys. She doesn't know how to begin, because inside her there's no music, only knots of fear.

morbid
As soon as I start slipping into helpless spectator mode, I try to wrench my attention away from the news.

unsteadily
Buildings in the background, denuded trees in the foreground, and slick muddy paths that make the world wobble.