Saturday, January 23, 2021

Week in Seven Words #533

This covers the week of 4/5/20 - 4/11/20.

fidgeted
We set up a socially distanced movie night, each of us in our homes texting each other now and then. It's a mini-series adaptation of a book, and I think I would've normally liked it. Now I don't have patience for it.

hectoring
People being ungenerous and snide while telling others to just be kind.

oases
The seders are lovely. Each one an island of relative calm.

shortcuts
Last-minute cleaning. Most of it is actually cleaning; some of it involves stuffing unsorted papers into tote bags.

stalks
One volunteer gardener among the flowering plants that are almost as tall as she is.

storm-tossed
Hit by a tsunami of anxiety, and I don't handle it well.

timed
I know when it's 7 pm because that's when the cheering for healthcare workers starts up.