Sunday, November 1, 2020

Week in Seven Words #528

This covers the week of 3/1/20 - 3/7/20.

coughing
I'm starting to look at snifflers and coughers suspiciously. Like the young guy sitting at the other end of the room who keeps coughing wretchedly into his hand. To the person he's sharing a table with, he says he's fine. But he does admit later on, with a sigh, that he's tired.

dated
We use the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine to look at Apple's website from the 1990s. It had a blocky table-based layout. It looked so amazingly clunky and amateurish (by today's standards). 

horror
The students say they don't want to learn more about the Holocaust, because it's too horrible. At least they see the horror in what happened.

overlooked
"Does he ignore me because I'm not as smart as my brother? Is that why he barely talks to me?"

reminder
The dog flops onto my lap, face-up, to remind me that she hasn't gotten tired of belly rubs yet.

unpleasant
I cringe at the dynamics in that home, the disrespect that flows casually to the mom, the vulgar comments about women and girls.

viral
Two things people are talking about all the time: the virus and the presidential election. The presidential election and the virus.