Sunday, August 30, 2020

Week in Seven Words #523

This covers the week of 1/26/20 - 2/1/20.

apart
Who does he talk to when he needs to confide in someone? Who do I talk to?

groaning
I hear what sounds like a ghost moaning, but it's just a bus easing up to the curb late at night.

marcescence
What is the phenomenon of trees holding onto their brown, shriveled leaves in the winter?

plumpness
A narrow metal shelf bulging with cartons of chocolate milk. 

self-protective
Refusing to stay in the bitter overflow of another person's emotions.

stalled
They present us with a packet of forms and with a platter of purple grapes and potato chips that aren't really potato chips but are supposedly something healthier. The meeting is much like the one months ago. Similar concerns raised, the same pairs of hands tied, but at least we're venting a little.

vaguely
They remind me that they still know I exist. Now and then, I flicker into their awareness.