Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"And it's good and it's true, let it wash over you..."

I love the artistry of this video - the details, the pace and feel of the animation, how it captures the progression of a day, a year, a life.

Great Lake Swimmers - River's Edge from Nir Ben Jacob on Vimeo.


More on the making of the video here:
“About a year ago I stumbled on these old wood-chip plate compositions my late grandfather made,” says Nir. “They’re a beautiful example of early Israeli-Yemenite art. As soon as I saw them I knew I had to animate them..."

6 comments:

John Hayes said...

Beautiful animation, beautiful music (& fitted very well to the visual) & a beautiful object to begin with. Really good--thanks for sharing this.

HKatz said...

I'm glad you enjoyed; yes I've watched this video several times - it's beautiful, entrancing, and there's a certain calming quality to it and the music.

naida said...

That is really nice, I like the music and animation also.
Thanks for sharing it.
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

HKatz said...

You're welcome, I'm glad you enjoyed.

Relyn said...

Wow. This is incredible. Somehow it makes me slow down and breathe more deeply. That in itself is a profound gift.

HKatz said...

Somehow it makes me slow down and breathe more deeply.

Agreed; it definitely encourages contemplation. I'm glad you enjoyed it and the pause it gave you.