Sunday, September 11, 2022

Week in Seven Words #584

This covers the week of 3/28/21 - 4/3/21.

foe
In her isolation, she has unraveled. She flails at imagined terrors, as they press in on her from beyond the apartment walls. 

giddiness
Dozens of daffodils swaying by the field.

intermittently
The vaccine website is a test in reflexes. New appointments wink into existence and are just as quickly snapped up.

lukewarm
One book stands out as a suitable gift. But even as I buy it, I get the feeling that it won't inspire enthusiasm.

misty
A rainy haze on the river.

reacquainted
Visiting parts of the park I've neglected for a while, like catching up with old friends. Which trees have fallen, which paths are overgrown, and is the stream still full and flowing?

translated
After creating a video message in another language, I review it multiple times, convinced that I've made a major grammatical error or mixed up two words in an unintentionally filthy way. But it seems OK.