Thursday, December 23, 2021

Week in Seven Words #563

This covers the week of 11/1/20 - 11/7/20.

buckling
Some stores are getting boarded up again in the event that election results don't turn out as preferred. At least the bookstore is still open.

denizens
Today what engages her mind are the fissures in the rocks. She wonders about the creatures that live in them, real and fantastic.

electoral
Can't get much work done when there's a map of the U.S. to stare at.

forgiveness
"It's easier to forgive others than forgive yourself," she says. I wonder: Do I forgive others more easily because I know them less well, or is it because I see them more clearly than I see myself? 

painfully
The cramps are so painful that when I hear the kettle shrieking, I think the sound is coming from inside my own head.

self-loathing
Self-loathing can feel like a scratchy but familiar sweater. At some point, she forgot that she had the option to remove it. Now she tries to, but can't pull her arms out of the sleeves.

unreassuring
I hear a lot about "a return to normalcy" and "putting the adults back in charge." For many people, this means wanting to know less and think less about the effects of policies and the behavior of politicians. It means less bother and more apathy.