Friday, October 15, 2021

Week in Seven Words #560

This covers the week of 10/11/20 - 10/17/20.

discoursing
I like how these three female figures from history are posed – around a table in a discussion that one can almost overhear.

flattening
Petulant people with paper-thin identities and a simplistic way of viewing the world try to dictate what others should read, write, and think about. 

glows
I admire the green-gold pattern of leaves in the autumn light. The light glowing gold on the grass.

pushing
Have I tried enough, or have I wilted too quickly at rejection?

ranging
Some of my favorite work assignments are the ones that teach me completely new things. Could be a topic in medicine, technology, or the environment. Could be a travel or tourism assignment, though those are scarcer in a pandemic year. Lately, many assignments have been about psychological problems, such as addiction, anxiety, and various effects of isolation.

scrambled
The class is disjointed and confusing. I catch at passing facts like pebbles tumbling on a stream bed, but I'm missing some of the bigger picture.

softening
It's been a while since we've spoken, and I'm touched by his kind words.