Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Week in Seven Words #391

artwork
The pond reflects a mosaic of leaves.

blink
If I'm not in front of them, do I exist to them? (Like an object permanence test, but for relationships.)

botheration
How much I've entrusted to computer systems I don't control, and the irritation and sometimes fear when they don't work for reasons poorly understood.

breather
She takes her break at a picnic table, a mason jar of flowers at her elbow, her clipboards laid aside.

foil
The water spreads across the harbor in overlapping sheets, the edges stained with sunlight.

plumping
They've brought what seems to be every kind of greasy, salty, sweet processed food to their picnic and the kind of folding chairs that cut your legs out from under you and make you give up on standing. We're in for a satisfying, sedentary stupor.

rarity
Coming across a small bookstore. Feeling wonder and a pang of worry, as if I'm in the presence of an endangered species.