Sunday, June 5, 2016

Week in Seven Words #293

bay
Foam churns in the wake of the ferry. The city recedes to the size of Legos. I lean back and feel the wind coast over me. The water is deep and glistening.

murmur
From between the rocks, the water whispers.

peering
Sunflowers, leaning out of buckets, press their faces to a bright window.

sheltered
Most of the homes have porches half-screened by flowers and leafy branches.

soft-hued
I'm walking in a world of pastel colors: pink doors, seashells, light blue skies, flowers enfolding fences and homes.

tending
In a dimly lit room with dusky, rose-colored walls and no TV, I press bandaids onto my blisters and settle back in bed with a novel.

vicinity
The famine memorial is spread out in the foreground. Behind it, a glass-fronted convenience store displays large cutouts of a spoon and fork.

5 comments:

Relyn Lawson said...

I have been away from my favorite blogs for too long now. I can't tell you how glad I am to come back here and find you still listing your week. This makes me happier than you might imagine. Hello, friend.

HKatz said...

Welcome back, Relyn :)

Yvonne@fiction-books said...

Hi Hila,

I particularly enjoyed your two references to water this time around.

I love to sit and watch the waves roll and break on the shore and over the rocks, especially when the beach is shingle as opposed to sand, as you get that great 'whooshing' sound as the wave recedes.

A good walk is made complete if there is running water somewhere along the way. A small waterfall is always appreciated, but to listen to the water gurgling over the rocks of a stream or small river, is so relaxing somehow.

Great words as always, thanks for sharing :)

Yvonne

HKatz said...

Yes, I love walks that have some water along the way :)

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.

Lucy said...

You've been somewhere interesting...