Sunday, March 8, 2015

Week in Seven Words #247

assuaged
The restaurant feels impersonal, all the furniture spare and made of metal, but they serve rich comfort food.

barred
When I see the number of missed calls that have accumulated in my cell phone, I'm glad I kept it on 'silent.' Otherwise, I wouldn't have had the morning to myself, to explore as I like.

enchanting
Plum-colored houses with white picket fences. Cobbled lanes and sunken gardens.

gratifying
Tourists licking ice cream in the salt-flavored air.

singular
A lonely giant on a charcoal ledge looks away from the moon.

soaped
Back-to-back episodes of Shark Tank, the TV flickering in a dark room. My mind gently wiped clean of the day's emotions.

tenacious
His wife strikes me as hard and bright, a woman who's difficult to get to know but worth knowing.

4 comments:

Brian Joseph said...

Very nice list of words this week.

I have always loved the word tenacious.

HKatz said...

Thanks! Tenacious is also a quality I aspire to...

Yvonne@fiction-books said...

Hi Hila,

Assuaged and enchanted, two words from opposite ends of the spectrum, yet both offering that warm fuzzy feeling in their own way!

Thanks for sharing,

Yvonne.

HKatz said...

Glad you found those warm - they're warm memories for me certainly :) Thanks!