Tuesday, November 23, 2010

An interview with...

Robert Frost's Banjo features a wonderful weekly series of interviews with writers, "Writers Talk". I'm honored to say that this week I'm the interviewee.

As part of the interview I also submitted a poem to the related Writers Talk blog called Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Pinky Toe (and I talk briefly about the origins of this funny little piece in the interview...)

Also take the opportunity to enjoy Robert Frost's Banjo; it's a blog to explore and savor - there's poetry and short fiction, music recordings (with background for each piece), photography and history and cultural commentary. The blog is run by John Hayes, a poet and musician who features his work there along with other writers' and musicians' work; he's also written books of poetry, the latest one being The Spring Ghazals, an excellent book that has gotten enthusiastic, positive and in-depth reviews.

7 comments:

naida said...

congrats on the interview!

good luck with your writing :) that's amazing that you've been writing since 3rd grade.

I do like your poem, it made me smile:
"Wise men say the body
is only as strong as its weakest part;
I take good care of my pinky toe."


http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Crafty Green Poet said...

I really enjoyed the interview!

Relyn said...

That was a wonderful interview. And, I do hope you will begin to share some of your stories here. Please?

John Hayes said...

I'll join in with the others in saying how wonderfully you did the interview, & thanks so much for all the kind words!

Relyn said...

Here it is Thanksgiving Day and we are all piled up watching the parade. So, I have the perfect time to drop by and visit friends. I wanted to tell you that one the things I am thankful for today is blogging and the way it has made my world so much bigger. Thank you for the friendship, the wisdom, and the inspiration I have found here. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, my friend. Happy Thanksgiving!

Ciara said...

Great interview!

I totally relate to the way characters sometimes take off and surprise you in ways you never imagined, or when a plot line diverts as a result. This is when writing is most exciting to me!

Look forward to when you DO get published! Cx

HKatz said...

Thank you so very much, all of you!