Sunday, September 16, 2012

Resolutions for Rosh Hashanah and my birthday

Rosh Hashanah is approaching, and just recently I celebrated my birthday (on the Western calendar; my Hebrew calendar birthday is coming up soon). It's a good time to remind myself about important resolutions:

To successfully fight inertia, to not squander time, to be mindful of my blues, to make and embrace opportunities (in work, in love, in performing kindnesses), to study every day, to connect with more people, to not let my fears rule me, to accept uncertainty, to put less weight on the words of naysayers, to take care of my health, to be mindful of what I'm blessed with.

I hope everyone has a healthy, sweet, happy, memorable, and meaningful year.

P1040341

8 comments:

Nan said...

Well, I think you covered just about every thing important!! Happy birthday! Virgos are some of my favorite people. :<)

naida said...

Happy Birthday :) Those are some great resolutions.

Nancy Cudis said...

Happy birthday! Wonderful resolutions! You have my prayers and best wishes on your birthday.

HKatz said...

Thanks, Nan, Naida, and Nancy (a trio of awesome Ns) :)

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

Happy Birthday! May you and your family be blessed with good health and happiness always.

HKatz said...

Thank you, Prashant!

Relyn Lawson said...

Happy, happy birthday!! May your year be full of blessings and of kept resolutions.

HKatz said...

Thanks, Relyn.