Sunday, February 21, 2010

No longer inanimate

An apple spontaneously collapsing into three parts. A red pen sliding free from its cap. Is this what our desk clutter does when we're nose-deep in a book and not looking?

DanseDance from Julien Vallée on Vimeo.


Just going to add some lovely words from the makers of this video:
We want to imagine a place where objects could live and move, harmoniously, and of their own accord. Without interfering with each other these objects would bounce, roll, turn and cross each other’s paths.

6 comments:

John Hayes said...

Loved the video & loved the added words--delightful all around.

Becoming Human said...

Hello! What a delicious thought to have the items on my desk dancing having fun of their own accord. As a child I used to try to open my desk drawer very quickly and quietly to see if I could catch the erasers and pencils playing with each other. Now I see that they do!

HKatz said...

Glad you both enjoyed!

As a child I used to try to open my desk drawer very quickly and quietly to see if I could catch the erasers and pencils playing with each other.

I did things like that as a kid too. This is probably one of the reasons Toy Story was such a good movie as well - our toys and possessions have lives of their own, though we can never quite catch them at it.

naida said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
naida said...

thats very creative! I like how the coffee cup spills and unspills.
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Lucy said...

Magical! The guy has a lovely innocent face too.